Friday, August 20, 2010

"welcome to WCU. whee are glad you're here."


it's official. i'm a resident of cullowhee, north carolina. the past few days have been a whirlwind of all kinds of emotions. i have no cell service, didn't have internet until this afternoon, yet i'm so incredibly relaxed. it's extremely quiet up here and everybody seems so easy going. i'm super excited about the small school environment. i met the dean of the graduate school first thing yesterday. he remembered my name and referenced our conversation [and pointed me out in front of the entire room] during his introduction. i have a lot to get used to [ie. horrible reception, lots of roadkill [due to the skinny roads], and no target], but i think i could get used to life in the "wild wild west".
--the view from my mailbox. give me a reason to see this, people. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ceci
    I love your view. Can't wait to see it in person. I know what it is like not to be able to get to Target!!! Keep the updates coming. love you

    ReplyDelete